Welcome to the Flathead Valley — gateway to Glacier National Park
- 360-degree views of mountains and lakes
- One of North America’s premier national parks
- Recreation options for every age and ability
- Two nearby ski resorts · Nine excellent golf courses
- Charming, historic small towns
The “Flathead,” as locals call the valley, lies just west of the Continental Divide in northwest Montana. Here you’ll find the gateway to Glacier National Park, and the home of both Whitefish Mountain Resort and Blacktail Ski Area. Flathead Lake, the largest freshwater lake west of the Mississippi, is also among the cleanest large lakes – perfect for sailing, cruising, swimming, and fishing.
A surprisingly mild climate invites you outside all year. Typical winter temperatures are in the 20s and 30s. Summer temperatures usually range from the 70s to low 90s.